Kansas Telecommunication Access Program

Contact: Emily Frye
Independent Living Specialist
841-0333 ext. 107

The purpose of TAP is to provide specialized equipment to Kansans with disabilities or impairments in order to access basic home telecommunication services. At Independence, Inc., you can try out the telecommunication devices and get help applying for TAP services.

Who Can Apply?

Individuals who have a hearing, vision, speech, cognitive or mobility disability or impairment, or a combination of these disabilities/impairments, can apply and receive equipment if the following eligibility requirements are met:

  • Have residency in the state of Kansas
  • Have telephone service in the home/residence
  • Have a disability or impairment for which a specialized telephone would be more helpful
  • Have a household gross income of less than $55,000 per year ($3,000 may be added for each dependent claimed)

Applications are available at Independence Inc. and also at the TAP website: