Contact: Alisa Snyder
Business and FMS Payroll Manager
785-841-0333 ext. 120
Independence, Inc. provides Financial Management Services (FMS) for eligible persons with disabilities desiring to direct their own personal care services under the Kansas Medicaid HCBS Waiver Program. Financial management includes:
- Preparation of semi-monthly payroll
- Filing of related payroll returns and W-2s
- Filing taxes including unemployment insurance and worker’s compensation coverage
- Information and Assistance to beneficiaries/family/representative directing their services
You hire, train, and supervise your own Personal Care Service Worker(PCSW). Your Care Coordinator through Managed Care will determine the number of hours per day you are eligible to employ PCSWs.
- View/download/print Personal Care Service Worker (PCSW) Application Packet 2021
To determine eligibility, contact the Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC) or your Case Manager (if you require services through the I/DD waiver). The Managed Care Company you are assigned then contacts Independence, Inc. Which, in turn, contacts you to set up a time to meet and complete the necessary paperwork.
Refund Policy: Refunds will be thoughtfully considered on a case-by-case basis, but please note that all donations represent an irrevocable gift to Independence, Inc. Thank you for your support!