Our new Public Health Worker position – titled “Social Support and Resource Specialist” – was established in June of 2022 to address both the ongoing and emerging needs of our communities and individuals related to the Covid-19 pandemic and to identify and prepare for future public health challenges. This includes functions like outreach, education and assisting individuals with disabilities in accessing and receiving COVID-19 vaccinations, testing, support, information and resources available to them in their communities.
This includes information, resources, support and referrals relating to:
- Vaccine access
- Vaccine hesitancy
- Testing access & acquiring home tests
- Mitigating Medicaid coverage losses when the Public Health Emergency ends
- Continually offering updated COVID-19 information and resources through our COVID Resource Page
- Barriers related to mental health access, social connections, employment access and more
- Work place accommodations
- Barriers to housing and reasonable accommodation requests
- Emergency preparedness
- and much more!
Contact: Amy Ballinger, Social Support and Resource Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org 785-841-0333 ext. 119 or direct line: 785-371-1646