Independence, Inc. consistently needs updated equipment for the daily business and educational activities. We welcome donations of electronic or competitive technological devices.We Accept:
Working computers and equipment with:
- Microsoft Windows XP or newer
- Pentium 4 processor or newer
- Memory Sticks/ Flash Drives/ Thumb Drives
- Other devices on a case by case basis (see contact information below) We Do Not Accept:
- Dirty electronics
- Non-functioning/ broken/ damaged equipment
- Overly outdated equipment
- CRT (large TV-like) monitors
- Television related equipment
- Satellite dishes or related equipment
Good Rule of Thumb: If it is more than 5 years old, it will have to be recycled unless it is specialized assistive technology.
Please back up any personal information you need to keep, and then delete those items. We will completely erase the computers we receive to preserve your privacy.
Please send a very detailed email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the type of equipment, any model numbers, and operating system if applicable. We will contact you about your equipment and arrange receipt or suggest a recycling company or other business that may need the equipment. If you would prefer, call 841-0333 and leave a detailed description with the receptionist.
Leave a message at 841-0333 ext. 148 or email ITemail@example.com